Definitely not a frivolous conversation! Eating disorders, powerful conversations, developing emotional literacy, working under pressure, looking after your well-being are all covered in this free flowing and natural conversation.
Jen also touched on her role as a practitioner and powerfully showed how she has learnt from her past experiences and uses this to inform her life and practice today.
There is something for all listeners as Jen shares many principles and tips to be used in a wide variety of environments.
Making these connections is key and Jen does it brilliantly!
If you enjoy the podcast, please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It only takes a minute and really makes a difference in helping to convince new listeners. Thanks so much it – is much appreciated!!
For show notes and past guests, please visit www.sportstories247.com
Interested in sponsoring the podcast? Please make contact at: email@example.com
Follow Sport Stories:
YouTube: Sport Stories YouTube Channel
Success Quote or saying:
- Generate quality during tiny collisions
- High performing people know what works for them (Roberto Martinez)
- Weekly professional reflection log not to get ‘drunk’ on the highs and lows
- Exercise your chimp and de load
- Create a voice note to de-load
- Got to be able to say it from the side-line
- Can’t influence what I don’t know
- If we work with the individual it will impact the multiple environments the exist within
- The importance of getting different things from different relationships
Quick fire questions:
The books (or Podcasts) that you would recommend are?
The Learning Scientist Podcast
How do I prepare to be the best version of myself…
Be strict with your time
Good quality sleep
De-load or an outlet
Have people round you that don’t know your work context
In one sentence – What advice would you give to your teenage version of yourself?
Don’t worry about things as much.
Trust the process and have an open mind
Who has made a big impact on you?
Ian Jones from Burnley
Whos’ Sport Story would you be really interested in hearing?
· Claire Davidson
Coaching questions I would like to pose:
How do you find talking about both positive and negative emotions and emotional events? What would you best friend or parent say?
How do you create or alleviate pressure situations for yourself and others?